Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Hayes Family Cookbook Challenge Week #1

So JoAnn has inspired me to try this challenge as well so in week #1 .....

Chicken Supreme *** 1/2   page 17 HFC 

Our family gives this dish 3 1/2 stars.  First of all it might have helped had I followed the recipe totally...but I didn't.. starting with not having the oven to the correct temp to added mixed veggies instead of only broccoli and added more biscuits than the recipe called for.  I only had it on 350 degrees vs 400 degrees which caused the vegetables to be crunchy which Gary does not like.  Garrett just doesn't like dishes with any kind of color so he didn't like it from the get go.  Overall the dish had good flavor and was very eye appealing.  However, I was expecting more of a creamier dish similar to a pot pie.  We served it with dressing which made a very nice meal.  I think if I tweak this recipe a bit it will appeal to more of the family and rate higher on the star scale.   

2 comments:

  1. I am wondering if you add sour cream to the soup it would make it creamier?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dish called for sour cream...I am wondering if you had some chicken broth to thin out the creamy stuff you pour over the dish if that wold be the consistency I am looking for.

    ReplyDelete