Sunday, March 6, 2011

Buttery Oatmeal Turtle Bars ***** - Week 8 Hayes Family Challenge

This recipe I am guilty on not reading the directions very well.  When I am baking I have a tendency to quickly read the directions to get the idea of how ingredients are to be mixed.  Depending on how rushed I am to baking I may or may not re-read the directions - that was the case in this baking.  I thought that the pecans were to be mixed into the other ingredients for the bottom - well AFTER I had put them into the butter, oatmeal, flour and brown sugar - then I re-read the directions and realize that they are to be added after that stuff in pressed into the baking pan - oops!  I also didn't have the baking chocolate chunks but used chocolate chips instead which worked just fine. Regardless these are buttery delicious and can not wait to make again - this time the right way! 

1 comment:

  1. Might need to move this one up to try soon. Probably spring break.

    ReplyDelete